One of the world’s most popular cultural destinations, welcoming over 20 million visitors each year pre-pandemic and home to three of the top fifteen visitor attractions in the UK, as well as the globally renowned Royal Albert Hall, Discover South Kensington is also a centre of research and innovation, home to academic organisations that are among the very best in the world in their respective fields.
Over the summer months, both organisations will present a range of exciting programming.
This place is all about generating innovation, pioneering research and extraordinary visitor experiences. Cromwell Place is a great addition to the area, creating a space for creative people to come together and share work, ideas and inspiration.Chair Exhibition Road Cultural Group, CEO Royal Albert Hall
The Great Exhibition Road Festival will take place from 18-19 June, 2022, offering a range events for all ages in South Kensington celebrating trailblazing ideas in science and the arts. We are thrilled to be participating with exciting Member exhibitions on view, including Thingamajig, a presentation from AB-ANBAR of nine contemporary Iranian artsists.
When you're in the area visiting Cromwell Place, be sure to check out other exciting activations from our partner institutions. Current activity includes:
Serpentine Galleries (also a CP Honorary Member!)
- The Serpentine Pavilion returns this summer with its 2022 edition designed by Chicago-based artist, Theaster Gates. Black Chapel draws inspiration from the architectural typologies of chapels and the great kilns of Stoke-on-Trent, England. On view from 10 June.
Victoria & Albert Museum
- Fashioning Masculinities: The Art of Menswear explores how designers, tailors and artists – and their clients and sitters – have constructed and performed masculinity, and unpicked it at the seams. Opening on 19 March 2022.
- Opening in June 2022, Africa Fashion is a major exhibition celebrating the irresistible creativity, ingenuity and unstoppable global impact of contemporary African fashions
Nautural History Museum
- Wildlife Photographer of the Year runs until 5th June 2022 where 100 powerful photographs tell the story of the planet under pressure.
Leighton House Museum
- After undergoing a massive refurbishment and restoration, the museum reopens to the public later in Spring 2022, offering new facilities and sights.
- Our Future Planet, on view through the Autumn, investigates how scientists are racing to develop different technologies to remove and store excess carbon dioxide – the most significant cause of climate change.
Explore further programming and events via the Discover South Kensington website here.
The Exhibition Road Cultural Group champions pioneering innovation and learning in art for the benefit of society, which is an ideal we hold close here at Cromwell Place, where we have Members working across genres, geographies and specialisms, all collaborating across our spaces.Membership & Business Development Director